Monday, October 3, 2016

Halloween at the Glens Art Walk!...

Many thanks to all that joined us on Saturday's 2nd Annual Glens Art Walk! It was a treat to see your smiling faces at a new location this time around! We were all blessed with a beautiful fall day, perfect for strolling the wooded and winding streets of the historic Glens neighborhood. More thank you's go out to Robert and Ann for their hospitality and for hosting us, as well as to hubby JP for putting up with me each and every year at this frenzied time and also to our friend Karen who wrapped and sacked for us at the show. That gave me a chance to chat more with my Halloween-loving friends! Included are some photos from our location on the Art Walk map. I will share more pics of some of the other open studios after I have a chance to sift through my images. The Glens Art Walk is slated for the first Saturday in October next year too! So, mark your calendars so you can experience it for yourself!

For those that have inquired and were unable to join us.... YES, I will be hosting a Web & Blog sale of Halloween delights this month! If you have not done so, please Join my Mailing List as those details will be included in my next newsletter, going out later this week!

Enjoy,
~ Johanna

Johanna-Parker-Glens-Art-Walk
* There I am being goofy in my Halloween bling, bejeweled mostly by collectors that have gifted me these fun adornments! After a series of long days and short nights, I think I'm looking a little haggy.... :-0

Johanna-Parker-Halloween-Goods-Glens-Art-Walk

* A pic of my Halloween display... The old white cubbies were perfect for my new shelf sitter characters, candles and my originals too...

Johanna-Parker-Halloween-Zoom-Glens-Art-Walk

* More Halloween delights cozied up on shelves and awaited collectors.... One of Ann's silk media art pieces is captured in the corner...

Johanna-Parker-Halloween-Display-Glens-Art-Walk

* A wide image shows my full corner display! We were pleased with the layout and how we were able to tuck everything in its place, given the new space... Ann's lovely silks were opposite my display, and you can see some of Robert's metal designs in the back sunroom, Alfred Hitchcock included!....

Johanna-Parker-Halloween-Products-Glens-Art-Walk

* More Halloween collectibles looked like candy for the eyes!

Glens-Art-Walk-Artist-Sign

* JP and I made a last minute sign post to help guide art enthusiasts to our location on the map!

Glens-Art-Walk-Glen-Dee-Drive

* A pic of Ann & Robert's front walkway which led visitors to our creations indoors..

Johanna-Parker-Halloween-Collectors

* And let the collecting begin!... Decisions, decisions.....  :)

Ann-Lederer-Silks

* A photo of Ann Lederer and her richly colored hand-painted silk scarves. We both shared the front room...


Robert-Hickler-Sculpture

* Robert Hickler, strikes a pose next to one of his imaginative sculptures...

Robert-Hickler-Sculpture-Fish

* More fishbone metallic sculptures from Robert hung in the back window where he displayed his creations. Their wooded backyard and picture window were the perfect setting to showcase some of his bold garden art designs. The burst of red off in the distance was one of two standing sculptures on display...

Johanna-Parker-Halloween-Glens-Art-Walk

* And me again! I pulled out the black and white striped stockings to match some of my new shelf sitters :)

If you attended, we hope you enjoyed the art walk and a unique peek into a variety of artist homes and whimsical backyard studio spaces.....

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!



SaveSave

No comments: